The Town of Legal has an abundance of bylaws written over the course of its history. We have made an effort to post some of the more commonly referred to bylaws here. If you would like to learn more about other bylaws, please contact the Town Office.
The following bylaws are downloadable as PDF documents:
- Animal Control Bylaw #01-2006
- Cost of Construction Bylaw #03-2002
- Fire Bylaw #02-2009
- Land Use Bylaw #05-2013
- Municipal Development Plan Bylaw #06-2013
- Nuisance and Unsightly Bylaw #07-2011
- Snow Removal Bylaw #01-1997
- Traffic Bylaw #01-2012
- Water Bylaw #08-2016
- Waste & Recycle Collection Bylaw #10-2016
Filing a Bylaw Complaint
Residents wishing to lodge a complaint about a potential bylaw infraction or violation should notify the Town of Legal Office.
All complaints are addressed in a timely manner and on a priority basis.
A Bylaw Complaint Form is available for download and can be submitted in any of the following ways:
- Email to email@example.com
- Fax to 780-961-4133
- Drop off at the Town of Legal Office, 5021 50 St
The personal information collected on the Bylaw Complaint form is collected under the authority of Section 33(c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used solely for the purpose of carrying out the program. Questions about the collection of this informaton can be directed to the FOIP Coordinator at 780-961-3773.